Friday, July 4

Sweet Misery.

The music moved to the ridges of his head.
God, how long it had been till he found a song that new him inside out.
It was foreign. yes, a feeling... He thought he had felt everything.
Until now...
I guess this was it for him.
He sat down to contemplate the things he lived for
Checks sat in the boxes of every bulleted line on the list.

"I dont mean to be selfish, or greedy." he explained to God.

"But with this revelation, yes, I am very satisfied. But like all things, I know, I will come to get used to it, and find no value, and once again, like all of us sick humans, move on."

"I don't want to take for granted what you've given me, but I thought things would get better than even this. Even this one moment of perfect clarity..."

Perfect clarity... he thought. Perfect clarity comes only through alcohol... Didn't it?
Oh yeah... He remembered... (and what did he remember?) He left that to the readers to answer...

He sat.

Silent. Silent. Silence. He started to hear the familiar ring in his ears that came from Silence.

Oh god! His buzz was wearing off.

I'll miss this...I'll miss everything this gave me... Every epiphany. Every... perfectly clear moment. Every time he realized that there was only one answer behind every question in the world.

He frantically searched the room for more.

Performance elixir.
Thinking elix...
Juice...

What the hell am I thinking.
Stop trying to find another damn word for it.
Its alcohol.
Its just such a beautiful thing. The one thing that can make me an animal and Einstein in one sitting.

But he was a rebel...
Its wearing off...

Every sentence he scribbled down. It wore off.
And every sentence he wrote became less inspired from within.
And every new sentence he rambled, became "trying too hard."

Sweet misery. Yes... he nicknamed it...







Happy Life.

~R.

No comments: