Tuesday, March 18

Perfect



"I’m becoming something I don’t want to be anymore,” she whispered to him as they lay cuddled under numerous blankets on the couch.
He didn’t say anything, just held her to his chest. He looked out the window, away from her quick breaths and her tears. Uncomfortable with the situation, he squirmed anxiously beneath her clenched fists and tear-drenched face.
“I hate it when you don’t say anything. I’m giving you my heart; I need help putting it back in. Please say something.”
“You don’t want me,” he finally mumbled, still facing the window.
She pulled away from his arms and took the blankets with her, letting a rush of cold over him.
“You don’t want me anymore and now I don’t know what to do.”
“I’m sorry. I don’t either.”
“Just answer one question. Why can’t you love me?”
“I’m sorry….so sorry. But its not who I am anymore. It’s just not the same.”
“Whatever. I never thought it would last anyways. You’re too insecure.” He got up and left her on the couch, heading for the bathroom to pack his toothbrush. He didn’t have a suitcase yet, but he had to get away.
And one of the most disappointing things was that he had always thought it would last, he thought it would last forever. He thought she would be strong and stay by his side. He believed from the beginning that they would be perfect, and now, now it seemed like they had been.
He couldn’t wait to leave.

Pic : Opeth's MorningRise cover and the song "to bid you farewell"

4 comments:

The Drunk Santa said...

I was blown away, trust me.

Anonymous said...

Go Meenametalania. :D
Beautiful, really.

Saturnalia's Offspring said...

Strangely, so sincere.
It cuts someone reading it, maybe because it's something everyone has experienced somehow, in some way, even if it's just a bad dream.
And so... alive. Like a screen short. Or like a series of photographs with captions.

Anonymous said...

Its great. =)