Friday, June 20

...End of an Era


To tell of all the things I've seen
Would be too tall a tale for me,
But love, hate, and relationships
Fade, distant, in my memory.
The certain signs, my stupid head
Refused to listen, time to time,
And before I saw it, certain dread
Came once, came twice,
A will, sublime.

Twisted memories,
Greyscale scenes,
Broken hearts
And shattered dreams,
Blind destruction,
Lover's lust,
Ash for ashes,
Dust to dust.

One night, an angel came to me,
Whispering my only prayer,
But smoke and mirrors, trickery
Distorted what was truly there.
And once again, my hopes' renown,
Which, exposed by my senseless mind
Shameless entities cast down,
Which a true owner has yet to find.

Ruin, failure,
Striking twice,
Gifts in vain
Of sacrifice.
Tortured soul
Closed to this Earth
Upon the promise
Of rebirth.

The quiet steps of hope befoul
The wish of never feeling sorrow
A stainless life up until now,
Waiting, once more, for tomorrow.
Reckless rape of former tries,
Have forced all blind, but one to see
What lies behind those empty eyes
Of tainted lies and agony.

Between the lines of conversation,
Contained within every word,
Will be stored, a hidden message,
Of a boy who loved a girl.
To turn again, reveal the curse,
The emergence of forceful haste
This gift of hate, and inferred verse
Under my standard, dispised waste.

Try to find
Where I belong,
When this battle's
Lost and won.
A stolen kiss,
Two tired sighs,
Three steps, and then
A rushed goodbye.


Pic : Courtesy 'Sandhya' :)

No comments: