Sunday, November 30

Smile!

“Who am i?” Should be the question.
“Why am I here? What is my goal?”

Unlike many others, ironically lucky enough to bathe in a pool of blissful ignorance, I am perfectly aware of what my goal is: making people smile… laugh, cry, think, suffer, doubt, sing, hate, possess, LIVE.

And then just disappear from their lives. That is what I was born for.

Sounds sad, doesn’t it… Being caught in my own ephemeral existence, with no escape, no fleeting chance of hope, which, theoretically, is supposed to spray eternal.

I am merely a pragmatic passenger through this long, bumpy journey called life. Here to observe, take notes like a perfectly raised 7th grade student, fixing what needs to be mended and destroying what needs to be ruined.. Then disappearing in the dark like an actor who has finished saying his lines and gets thrown off the stage against his will.

Why? I wish I could answer that engaging question. Sometimes I fight. Struggle to stay in their lives, to be something more than a vivid memory. But as I was given to find out, it’s impossible. My role is to change. I am the hero.

The powerful drug which opens your eyes and makes you feel alive, a drug which you will soon try to get rid of, because you realize that if you’re addicted to it for too long, it’ll destroy you.

But there is one thing nobody ever noticed during all these years of continuous struggle for survival. Heroes need to be saved too.

Someone once told me you don’t need anyone to save you. Wrong. We all do, one way or another, at some point in our lives. We all scream inside, sending out silent moans into the void, hoping that someone will hear them.

All I know is that I’m proud of my role. And for the rest of my life I will keep trying to make the ones around me smile. Because this, my friends, is the best job anyone could ever have.

And yet, heroes need to be saved too…

1 comment: