Saturday, December 20

dance with me

Dance with me. Hold me close in the shelter of your arms. Move with me, as one, through eternity. My soul, I willingly pledge to yours. In doing so, I hope you understand that you and you alone hold the power to crush a vital part of me. Would you ever willingly pledge your soul to mine? I'll never know. I have no right to ask; I'll never have that right.

Is happiness a fickle thing? It's up to me and only me to live a happy life, right? I used to think so. I never realized how much that single emotion, that state, is codependent. Happiness reflects connections: connections made, connections lost. It only takes one. Those lights that wander through, some glowing bright, others a dim flicker; the only evidence of their existence – the lingering reflection of its passing. They all dim, eventually, in one way or another. Voluntary suppression can dim them just as easily. I don't think you know how brightly you glow; how full of life, love, and passion you are. I can't voluntarily suppress yours from deep inside me. I wouldn't know how or where to begin. I didn't even see you coming.

Regrets: ones you have, or had the power to control and others you don't. Others you must endure. You cannot comprehend how many you have until they come back to haunt you. I'd love to be able to say that fate is playing a cruel joke only; it's not a joke at all. The timing is off. No matter that I'd be willing to wait an eternity, the timing will never be right. Every tear that falls strengthens my convictions. You'll never see them. I want you safe and happy. You have so much ahead of you: a life to live and love to share. You are blessed. I can only be a small part of that. I'll never truly tell you my feelings for you; you don't need to know to have everything you deserve. It wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't dare take that from your or hinder it in any way. I'll ask for just once; one request – take me in your arms.

Dance with me, Please ?

No comments: