Saturday, December 20

imaginary friends, imaginary conversations !

“What's your definition of love?”
“Love? I suppose it's..different for everyone.”
“But for you.”
“Well..I've never really thought about it, I suppose.”
“If you don't know, then..how can you say you love me?”
“...”
“I've heard people say that love isn't a..feeling. That it takes work.”
“You mean you actually have to try.”
“I suppose so. But when I'm with you, I get a..feeling..”
“Yeah, I get that too. Like a warm, flip-flop stomach feeling.”
“..No. It's a..cold feeling. An empty, desperate feeling. As if..as if there's a hole in me that nobody else can fill. And then.. I don't know. A sick feeling. But sort of in a good way.”
“..sort of?”
“Well, I..it scares me. That I need you so much when you don't even know if you-”
“I do. I said love is different for everyone. Just because we don't feel the same way doesn't mean it's wrong.”
“I..suppose....But then..nothing lasts forever, does it.”
“Maybe it will.”
“No. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing.”
“Then what's the point?”
“I..don't know. That's why I asked you in the first place.”
“Well you certainly have a bright outlook, don't you?”
“...”
“It's all a matter of how long you want it to last.”
“Yes but..that won't last forever either. At some point, you won't want me anymore.”
“Perhaps. But it doesn't mean that we shouldn't enjoy it while it lasts.”
“But-”
“Maybe we break up in a couple of months, maybe in a couple of years. Maybe tomorrow. What we do is we make it as good as we can while we still can. That way maybe the benefits of what we shared will outweigh the loss.”
“...But in the end we'll just forget each other anyway. It doesn't matter how much we enjoy ourselves now if there's nothing left later. If it won't last.”
“Are you saying you'd rather stop this?”
“Well, I..no. No, but...”
“You can't win, love. Everything has two sides. No matter how much you enjoy yourself, there will be times when you wish you were dead. And that's just how it works.”
“So if..are you saying we just accept that it'll end and go on regardless?”
“Of course. Because otherwise, what's the point in doing anything? Why go to college if you're just going to die anyway?”
“..Tell that to my mom.”
“Tch. See, that's just not how it works.”
“..Yeah. Yeah, I see what you mean, but..”
“But?”
“Oh, I dunno. You're confusing me.”
“Maybe you just think too much..”
“Maybe you should make me stop.”
“That's an interesting proposition........”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful :)

Psychotic Philosopher said...

thank you anonymous ?