Wednesday, December 10

Literature, Philosophy and Love.

I wish to think like Socrates
with wisdom most profound
caring not for material wealth
simply the friends that stick around.

I wish to think like Plato
a student of one so great
stretching into the abstract world
having seen the cruelest forms of hate.

I wish to write like Shakespeare
sonnets and plays filling my fingertips
both comedy and ironic romance
coming to me bit by bit.

I wish to write like Emily Bronte
to please my mind above all else
literary characters that burn the soul
and die knowing my truest of selves.

I wish to rest feeling loved
by that one person in my heart
who won’t expect me to achieve greatness
she’ll have known right from the start.




PS : too much of literature, philosophy and lovelorn-ity cause such rubbish out of you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A circle, indeed.