Friday, December 26

locus

I know why I’m here now. Just another man destined for the grandness of living an ordinary life. Touched by lives and touching others’ lives, the brevity of life makes peculiar, the meaning in all things monumental. The simplest things make meaningful, the seemingly inconsequential. The truest make life bearable. Condoned by insignificance, my dreams are cumbersome. Excited by the humanness in others, discovery was the beginning of my journey. I embrace unwillingly, my chance just to be. My chance to see what ordinary men see. To see that which inspires them to reach for the extraordinary. The bravest are not the fearless. They are the ones refusing to surrender to fear.
This life is a place of equivalents. Endlessly equating what is mine with that of others. So it may seem that I deserve the sympathy. So it may seem that I deserve the kiss, from fair’s fairest maiden. Maybe to believe that I am destined for heights mere mortals have never seen. Frustrated by things, hope keeps me tempted. I fail sometimes, but only because I can succeed. Waiting for that moment to unfurl mine and take to flight like the fanciful. I use my ordinary days to find the joy estranged from my tears. Though distressing sometimes, each breath surrendered comforts; because what I take rewards with a chance to give back. Expressing the full measure of how I feel, in the limited confines of words and ink.
I took to life like the earth to the universe, patiently evolving.
To make a permanent home for those I love. For losing this place would make this, pointless. And make wisdom a lonely kingdom.

No comments: